We are Ashamed of letting Down Pakistan, the Quaid e Azam and the Millions who sacrificed all for this Country



Here's an open apology to Pakistan. and a salute to Jibran Nasir......
.......What a man, what a man,  what a man,

Dear PAKISTAN and Quaid e Azam, I am so ashamed of myself and of our generation...

We failed you, our Country, our children and the millions who sacrificed their all for Pakistan.

In 1977 when my generation should have stood up to that that terrible terrible man Zia ul Haq we all looked the other way, busy making money, climbing the corporate ladder.

In 1972 we let ZAB unleash his fascist goons on the poor people who thought and some still do, that he was their Messiah.

From 1988 to now we let BB, Nawaz and Asif Zardari and their political goons, family and friends, loot plunder and pillage this country and we looked the other way and or kept silent.

In 1999 we thought Musharraf would cleanse this mess and when he faltered we let him rule on.

WE are the DAMNED generation of Pakistan who had seen a pluralistic, much more tolerant, softer gentler Pakistan before Zia took over in 1977 and yet we didn't do anything to preserve it or fight for it.

I am particularly ashamed of myself to have left the country when perhaps it needed me most.

I am a coward and admit it with great shame.

Its people like Jibran who make one realize how terribly terribly indifferent, cowardly and selfish we were.

We all owe Pakistan an apology and perhaps in the twilight of our lives we may in some small way atone for our sins of commission and omission.

Dear Pakistan....my generation and in particular, I have failed you.


WE are very sorry and deeply ashamed !!